We’re looking for a Material Planner to join our client’s busy global Supply Chain Team on the outskirts of Leicester for globally renowned company. This is a long term month contract (min 12-24 mths) which is likely to be ongoing for the right person.
Initially site based whilst training, some limited hybrid working will be available (you will need to commit to at least 3-4 days pw throughout).
Working within a Product focused team, the Material Planner has the following responsibilities:
- Schedule Exception Management
- Inbound Shipment Tracking & Supplier Shipping Performance
- Supplier Collaborations
- Backorder Management / Shortage Analysis
- Past Due Management
- Management of Inbound Premium Freight driven by Supplier past due
- Manage the timely shipment of material
- Collaborate & negotiate with suppliers to deliver material per requirements
- Monitor, track & analyse supplier performance metrics
- General knowledge of scheduling and capacity management. Knowledge or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics.
- Previous experience of working with a Material Planning role or supply chain.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP
- Good MS Excel Skills (pivot tables & vlookup)
Contract: 12 – 24 Months min, likely to extend and become long term
£22.50p/h (FCSA umbrella, This role is deemed inside IR35)
£17.00 p/h (paye)
(The role is inside IR35)