Manufacturing Engineer required for a long term contract near Peterlee (Min 12 Months, likely to become ongoing though).
Based full time onsite
£35/£37 FCSA Umbrella (Role is deemed inside IR35).
The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to function as a specialist with respect to a specific technical phase of the process improvement function and which generally falls within the area of Welding, Sheet Metal Assembly and Fabrication.
Work assignments may be specialised in nature but may also be broad based with coordination between other staff personnel to complete a larger project.
Evaluate projects to define desired results and determine logical approaches.
Evaluates such factors as cost, personnel yearly usage, equipment, space, etc. as well as other information needed to determine requirements.
Prepares feasibility studies for appropriateness and cost effectiveness and submits recommendations accordingly.
Results contribute to the effective management decisions in determining the most efficient processes, methods, machinery, tools, equipment, services and systems needed in the manufacture of product.
Actual work assignments may be typified as follows:
– Developing, analysing and managing Manufacturing / Fabrication / Paint / Assembly Projects.
– Leading, developing and supporting timely Design for Manufacture Best Practices, Operation Excellence Process Validation Best Practices and Lean Operation Excellence and Manufacturing Best Practices.
– Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns. (APQP/PPAP experience Desirable)
– Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost- effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
– Providing the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of new fabrication, material handling, test, heat treat, welding, painting and / or chemical processes and equipment.
– Designing, developing and implementing the integration of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation and systems application.
– Coordinating, planning, monitoring and reporting the activities associated with the flow analysis, design, financial modelling and implementation of complex manufacturing group technology cells in an assigned area.
– Coordinating the purchase and application of machine tools, controls and related equipment corporate wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
– Supporting designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
- Previous experience within Manufacturing of Sheet Metal, Fabrication or Welded assemblies, High Value, Low Volume environment preferred
- APQP/PPAP interpretation & recommendations
- Demonstrable improvements on Processes & Process optimisation
This position encompasses process improvement, Process Optimisation, tooling, plant engineering, supplier relationship building, releasing, machine shop, fabrication, assembly, etc. wherever a specific technical assignment may be needed.
Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties.
This role is inside IR35, and has a pay rate of £35 – £37 /hr FCSA Umbrella depending upon experience and qualifications