Assembly Team Leader required by a manufacturing company in Leamington Spa
The role is to lead 3 teams of assembly technicians to deliver gearboxes and axles on time to pre-defined build plans, whilst upholding the highest quality standards.
The team leader must be personable, approachable, collaborative and be able to balance multiple projects concurrently.
They will need to act with urgency when required.
They will need to be organized, self-motivated and able to motivate others to achieve monthly build plans.
Flexibility and agility are key skills required by the team leader
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring all EH&S policies are adhered to and conduct risk assessments.
- Driving a culture lead by quality first.
- Familiar with problem solving tools such as 8D, for investigation of quality issues and is confident to work cross functionally in resolution of quality issues.
- Progressive on people development.
- Identifies skill gaps, co-ordinates training, keeps up to date skills matrices.
- Support the development of individuals.
- Host, action and support the individual’s performance reviews.
- Can identify, lead and introduce cost reduction activities.
- Ensures project spend is within the agreed budget.
- Dedicated problem solver who possess clear and logical thinking.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, honest manner both orally and in written format.
- Capable of motivating the team.
- Be able to speak with technicians through to senior management confidently.
- Equally must be able to work effectively cross functionally with their peers.
Additional/special features of the role:
- Experience of automotive assembly in a project-based environment with low/niche volumes.
- Understanding of automotive quality control processes
- Experience of implementing and improving hands-on production processes through lean initiatives
- Good communication skills with ability to motivate the assembly teams.
- Must be experienced and comfortable with people development.
- Must be comfortable preparing and presenting SQCDPE boards
- This role is responsible for 3 distinct assembly teams.
- This role is 100% based onsite in Leamington Spa
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualification:
- Assembly and end of line test experience of complex mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Clear demonstration of leadership skills
- Strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Intermediate level of PC and general computer skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Desirable technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualification:
- Knowledge of Infor LN system (ERP software for manufacturing)
- Can read and understand / interpret technical drawings / CAD models