|Job Title:||Wet Trade/Groundoworker|
|Salary:||£12 - £17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018 09:23|
A good opportunity for a reliable and skilled Wet Trades / Groundworker to join a local company recognised for staff development and training.
Your new company
Our client is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,500 buildings across the East of Hampshire. The contract runs for 5 years with a possible extension for a further 5 years. Building types include:
• Police Stations and Offices
• Fire Stations and offices
• Office buildings
• Vehicle Workshops
• Residential Homes and Nurse Care Units
• Historic Buildings
Your new role
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Wet Trades / Groundworker with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. We are specifically looking for someone with a Plastering trade background but with broad experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass a DBS Vetting check.
Typical repair types
• Repairs to internal and external walls
• Internal finishes and decorations
• Working in traditional and historic materials
• Repairs to kitchens and bathrooms
• Fencing repairs and replacements.
• Wall and floor tiling
• Making good after leaks etc.
• Patch plastering and plasterboard repairs
• Manhole cover replacement.
• Replacement or repairs to toilet pans, syphons, cisterns or seats
• Concrete repairs and Screed repairs
• Paving repairs (cold lay tarmac, block paving, paving slabs).
• Minor excavation and drainage work
• Any other reasonable tasks within competency.
What you will need to succeed
• A minimum NVQ level 2 or similar
• Full clean current driving licence
• Over previous trade experience, ideally in the commercial repairs sector.
What you will get in return
You will receive an hourly rate and receive 23 days annual leave and Bank Holidays. In addition you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor you holiday to your individual requirements, Our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes.
• Department: Hampshire Council Maintenance
• Salary: Up to £13.50 per hour
• Location: Hampshire
• Who reports to you: N/A
• Hours: 40 hours per week
• Who you report to: Supervisor
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's