My client based in London is looking for a Water Quality Engineer to manage the Legionella Prevention programme, assess the contractors’ work and provide expert technical advice on water quality issues.
- Assist in delivering an ongoing water tank replacement programme throughout the borough.
- Advise on all matters relating to water quality and advise senior management on various legislation related to water quality in the Housing Property Service.,
- Act as a Water Quality consultant for projects from inception to completion on stored water systems, water tanks and ancillary equipment to achieve client and business unit project aims and objectives
- Ensure compliance on all projects with the agreed project design, technical, financial and legal guidelines.
- Report on the condition of, and provide suitable recommendations for, every item of stored water systems, water tanks, ancillary equipment and associated system managed by the water quality engineer.
- Assist the Principal Heating & Water Engineer with the supervision, design and implementation of larger projects.
- Undertake the responsibility for stored water systems and water tanks and ancillary equipment as described in DTS Standard Procedure.
- Inspect and report on the condition of cold-water service mains suppliers to all offices, shops and residential properties
- Advise on water distribution to all residential, shops and offices throughout the Council.
- Candidates must be educated to degree level, or with a suitable professional qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software applications.
- A working knowledge of manual technical/architectural drawing is desirable.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in domestic dwellings and in local government is essential, and of relevant regulations and legislations is essential.
- Proven suitable experience and knowledge working as an advisor on water quality matters.
- Alternatively proven suitable experience and knowledge in the field of work or one closely related
- Candidates are required to hold a current valid driving license