My West London based client is currently recruiting for Motor Vehicle Technicians to join their experienced team on a permanent basis.
To service and repair Metropolitan Police Service's fleet of emergency services vehicles in a safe and efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required.
- Service, maintain and repair vehicles components and accessories, in line with company and/or manufacturer's instructions, including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided
- Diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary.
- Work in an efficient and productive manner, achieving the targets set out and agreed with Workshop Supervisors or Manager
- Operate a Fix First Time' way of working ensuring quality of work is at the utmost standard and meets/exceeds any inspection carried out against it.
- Drive in a manner within the parameters of the law and ensuring all police signs are covered appropriately
- Follow operator's license process and procedure to safe guard the company's license.
- Observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Supervisor and correct completion of paperwork.
- Order from the parts department all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work.
- Interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data.
- Implement by applying correct techniques.
- Ensure the correct completion of all job related documentation (job cards, parts orders, logbooks etc.) including job write-ups
- Report to Workshop Supervisor and Workshop Manager any specialist tooling requirements
- Min 2 years' experience post apprenticeship
- Ability with diagnostics - Complex vehicles with met police so crucial they have good diagnostics skills.
- Light vehicle experience
- City and Guilds 1 and 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Standard car Driving Licence - clean licence desirable
- Manufacturer's warranty and warranty procedures knowledge
- MOT test experience