UK Site Investigation Manager
|Job Title:||UK Site Investigation Manager|
|Salary:||Salary is dependent on experience|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2018 15:14|
Reporting to the Managing Director of Soil Engineering you will be managing one of the 2 operational Business Units of Soil Engineering providing the Site Investigation Operations Team with focus, clear leadership and operational support.
You will be responsible for the overall management and strategy of the Site Investigation activities of my client.
Your duties will include the development of business strategies and budgets, working with existing management to maximise business development opportunities regionally, structuring and managing Soil Engineering's 3 regional operations and technical teams, Scotland, North and South, you will have full responsibility for the financial performance of the Business Unit.
The anticipated annual turnover of the Site Investigation Business Unit is c. 15 Million.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• To lead by example and actively participate in Health and Safety developments within the company.
• To develop the Department/Unit going forward increasing its capability, effectiveness and profitability.
• To ensure that all efforts are made to deliver projects safely, to the required quality and in a sustainable manner to the satisfaction of our clients.
• To prepare and present Management Reports and contract forecasts on a monthly basis to senior management along with any other reports which may be required.
• To manage all aspects of the Department/Unit efficiently and maintain regular liaison and communication with the Managing Director and fellow Senior Managers.
• To assist in identifying and managing project risks and opportunities on all projects within the Department/Unit.
• To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by managing records and costs etc. on all projects within the Department/Unit.
• To be responsible, in conjunction with the Pre-Construction and Commercial Team, in ensuring that a review of all of the contractual obligations and commercial risks are carried out prior to the submission of all major tenders within the Department/Unit.
• To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed by all staff within the Department/Unit.
• To manage the objectives/targets for all staff within the Department/Unit and monitor on an ongoing basis ensuring staff are performing to their full potential.
• To undertake any other work as may be required of you by Senior Management.
We are looking for an individual who has working experience as a Senior Manager or General Manager within the geotechnical sector and specifically with Site Investigation contracting knowledge and experience.
You will have well proven business skills, a drive for success and will have a degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or other relevant subject together with excellent geotechnical knowledge and the appropriate experience.
Salary TBC plus benefits package commensurate to role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's