Do you have good skills with planning outgoing materials & goods for manufactured goods?
If so, please read on.
We have been recruiting extensively for our Derby based client and are looking to add another person to this close knit, successful team.
Transport Planner / Controller – East Midlands Gateway, Derby
As a Transport Planner, you will be responsible for the management and planning of Customer shipments, from the point of pick pack complete through to despatch. Liaising with various internal and external parties, including customers and transportation companies to ensure a streamlined end to end delivery process, in line with global import and export regulations.
- Computer literate and willing to learn.
- Knowledge of the shipping process is desirable but not a must, good organisation skills & an understanding of shipping (Land, Air or Sea)
- Transport management desirable.
- Good Excel Skills
Required to accept responsibility and produce highest productivity and quality work, maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within supply chain organisation
- Management of Global Trade and VAT activity to ensure proof of deliveries are received in a set time frame. Failure to do so is a major compliance impact.
- Responsibility of ensuring all customer shipments are ledgered as a sale in line with relevant inco terms.
- To facilitate the freight invoice process in line with various carrier invoices through to payment. Managing and highlighting exceptions through to resolution.
- Flexible in their work approach to support time sensitive deadlines and the needs of the business. This is a key role and may require working different times throughout the day to ensure Customer shipments leave on time.
- Effectively manage carrier communications and time sensitive bookings to ensure goods are dispatched in line with customer inco terms.
- Track and monitor supplier performance levels
- Hold regular performance reviews with suppliers to drive improvements
- Escalate poor supplier performance to Purchasing teams.
- Review material planning parameters to ensure optimum inventory holding to ensure consistent production and inventory turns targets are met.
Longterm ongoing contract , working within an enthusiastic Transport & Shipping team
The client is ideally looking to pay £20.00 FCSA Umbrella (this role is inside IR35) or £15 PAYE to the successful candidate, however may have scope consider above this on a case by case/individual basis.
Should your hourly rate requirements fall slightly above the current bracket please apply and support your application the client has indicated they may consider above on a case by case basis