|Job Title:||Thermal Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2018 11:27|
Do you have experience or understanding of delivering thermal engineering expertise within highly complex Aerospace related projects or programmes?
Would you like to work for a World class innovator?
If so, please read on!
Responsible Thermal control subsystem for the lifetime of a project including testing and in-production activities as required:
· Thermal subsystem management including:
o Design and analysis of the whole Aerospace projects, including sub-assemblies, complete systems and manufactured components
o Perform / manage implementation and test activities
o Delivery of an overall thermal solution that fits in with company and project requirements
Support to Team Thermal activities
Thermal subsystem management and thermal analysis and design.
Role to include, but not limited to:
· Requirements capture
· Primary level thermal analysis and design
· System / subsystem level interfacing and trade-offs
· Cost, risk, schedule and performance trades
· Implementation of the design including appropriate hardware selection and management as required.
· Test planning, test and verification of the design,
· Understanding and improving related company standards and work practices
· Perform / manage unit level analysis and design or piece part testing as required
· Management of subcontractors as required
· Interfacing to internal and external customers
· Management of one or more project work packages
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· A good Degree in Engineering or Physics or appropriate vocational qualifications
· Relevant experience in appropriate thermal design and analysis in the space industry
· Experience using Thermica, Sinda-G and ESATAN analysis tools advantageous
· Experience with active and passive hardware
· Planning and support of thermal vacuum tests
· Experience of converting between the thermal tools is desirable but not essential
Knowledge & Skills·
- A system level understanding of thermal subsystem design
· Good thermal design and analysis skills
· Excellent verbal communications and presentations skills
· Excellent writing skills with a proven ability to generate high quality technical documentation
· Excellent organisational, management and team working skills
· Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
The company are a consultancy based in Guildford and are looking to speak with talented people in the local area who are not just interested in the salary (deliberately - we have not stated a salary) - it will be competitive and will fit in with your search parameters/expectations, they are most interested in talking to people interested in their satisfying work first, then followed by competitive salary.
Please also note, We have kept the description deliberately short to attract people who are inquisitive and wish to explore more about this interesting & diverse role!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's