This multi-faceted role encompasses the leadership and conceptual design of Test solutions which are then implemented by the integrated design teams. The design activities of the integrated teams will be monitored and reviewed to ensure that the conceptual design is realised in accordance with the concept.
- Possess significant and proven experience in similar roles, preferably in the defence industry.
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of designing manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment, including the software development.
- Possesses a broad technical knowledge of Test System architecture definitions, embracing Electronic, Mechanical and software disciplines.
- Possesses a good understanding of industry trends and best practices in test technologies / test techniques and electronic product design.
- Possesses experience of developing software to automate test solutions (i.e. National Instruments CVI / LabView / Test Stand, MS Visual C++, C etc.)
- Possesses a good understanding of the design processes / best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to act as a functional technical lead for Test Equipment activities (i.e. future concepts, applied research etc.)
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiation subsystem requirements with the systems authority / manufacturing etc and write engineering documentation such as specifications, reports and technical presentations.
- Must have a proactive and adaptable approach to dealing with rapidly changing requirements.