Are you a Mechanical Engineer, with mechanical test project engineering experience?
Do you have experience of developing mechanical test & verification programs, investigations of failed, fatigued or similar components & systems?
Can you work as a bridge between Design, Customer, NPI & Manufacturing Engineers?
If so, please read on!
We are looking to recruit an engineer who is looking for a diverse & interesting role.
Full description below, but this will be an interesting role for a major Chichester based automotive manufacturer
- Hands-on technical experience highly desirable (automotive mechanical, component dis-assembly, rig building).
- Experience of working with and supporting test technicians.
- Understanding of environmental and mechanical/structural test inputs.
- Use of DFMEA and DVP.
- Writing test plans, procedures and test reports.
- Familiarity with rig testing (rig design and build experience desirable).
- Instrumentation, data logging and interpreting/processing data.
- test standards/cycles
- Proof of Concept / mule build planning and execution.
- Experience of UK test facilities and laboratories
- Minimum 3 years testing/development experience in an automotive or similar regulated environment (aerospace, defence or similar high value bespoke environment will be acceptable).
- Processing of test data, writing of test reports and presentation of results to project teams.
- Instrumentation and data acquisition of sub assemblies and components.
- Sourcing of appropriate test rigs, test equipment and parts.
- Support and scheduling of project, technical, design and test-readiness reviews.