|Job Title:||Technical Author|
|Salary:||Negotiable, it will be competitive & within your search parameters|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2019 09:48|
Do you have experience of technical writing in Simplified English?
Have worked with ATA ispec 2200 and previously worked extensively with Adobe Framemaker?
If yes, please read on on!
We are looking to secure a placement for a Technical Author & Technical Writer for a prestigious local company.
Technical Writer / Technical Author
A Parts Technical Writer position is open within the Technical Authoring team This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment.
· Key Responsibilities:
· Responsible for reviewing Design Changes received and adding into the team workflow.
· Attending BIQ (Built In Quality) and Change Request approval meetings to ensure Design Change proposals meet the needs of the aftermarket.
· To be the first point of contact for Internal/Enterprise Customers relating to Design Change queries.
· Author, edit and maintain technical documents, to meet customer and contract requirements. including:
o Equipment Maintenance and Operation manuals
o Data Modules
o Component Maintenance Manuals
o Service Bulletins & Information Letters
· Ensure all technical documentation is produced to required quality, timeframes, authoring specifications and standards:
o Including review and quality checking of material authored by other technical publishers/writers and outsource vendor partners
· Support verification and validation of technical documentation with subject matter experts, internal or external partners and developers to validate content
· Contribute to team targets for actioning Design Changes within agreed time frame.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
· Good IS/IT skills
· Ability to recognise engine spare parts/components by description/drawing/shape.
· Technical authoring experience / expertise and associated qualifications
o ASD S1000D Data Module authoring experience
o ATA iSpec 2200 authoring experience
o ATA 100 authoring experience
· Experience of publications verification and validation
· Competent in use of Simplified English
· Competent user of Adobe Structured Framemaker
· Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Use of Technical Authoring or Product Lifecycle packages
· Microsoft applications, typically Excel.
· Contributing to Team Success
· Customer Focus
· Planning and Organising/Managing Work
· Quality Orientation/Work Standards
If you feel you are the right person for this role and are looking to join a very well known, and very well respected organisation please apply for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's