Working on the design and development of defence systems for land and sea applications.
This role will involve becoming a domain expert on systems developed by the company conducting integration activities, writing and running both system and software test specifications and feeding back the results of this testing to the rest of the team.
The System Integration and Test Engineer will be responsible for
conducting the System Integration and Engineering Test activities throughout the complete lifecycle of a project.
This will include:
- Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation;
- Conducting System Integration using the outputs of the various engineering teams
- Deriving, defining and documenting
- System Acceptance Test Specifications
- System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
- Software Acceptance Test Specifications
- Software Test Specifications
- Software Test Schedule
- Conducting integration testing
- Conducting system testing
- Conducting formal testing in conjunction with QA team
- Providing adequate descriptions and recording of defects such that they can be investigated by other engineers
- Supporting fault investigation
- Supporting the safety verification process as required
- Attending training and becoming suitably qualified and experienced to operate equipment independently
Candidates must have previous experience of Systems and Software Integration and Test methodologies, processes and tools.
Ideally this will have been gained in the defence industry or other relevant environment.