The pay rate ranges £25 to £30 per hour Umbrella - Their is an element of WFH for this role
Working for an Automotive engineering manufacturing company this role is to lead a localisation project with the primary responsibilities being to work with a multi-functional team in resourcing components to suppliers in the EAME region from start of the process to introduction of the components and ensuring that robust processes are in place to enable successful project. Scope of the project is approximately 40 components with about $9m of spend to localise
The Project Lead is responsible for delivery of this project including the following activities:
- Leading the project team and ensuring that the agreed timelines are on track
- Providing feedback to the stakeholder group on the progress and identifying areas of support needed to maintain project timelines
- Working with the category and engineering teams on delivery of the elements within the New Source Introduction (NSI) Process at both Gateway 3 (Approval to proceed with investments such as capital tooling and Gateway 5.5 (Ready for production)
- Completion of source council packs at both Gateway 3 and Gateway 5.5 including presenting to stakeholder forum for approval
- Manage capital expenditure associated with the project
- Prioritisation of components based on business need (such as assurance of supply)
- Creation of a project plan (potentially with support of Project Management Office)
- Interfacing with suppliers on aspects of the project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Project Management techniques and use of project management tools, expertise of managing critical paths in the project
- Stakeholder management
- Confident presenter and able to articulate business cases for approval
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with suppliers
- Engineering or Manufacturing background.
- Technical or Engineering degree level educational qualification.
- Ability to read engineering drawing
- Knowledge of APQP and PPAP process
- Commercial knowledge and capability to assess quotations and make recommendations from them
- Experience working with Casting and machining processes
- Understanding of supplier capacity, how to measure and OEE.
- Industry experience in Manufacturing, Industrial, Automotive, or Aerospace