Supplier Quality Engineer
|Job Title:||Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Golding|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 14:50|
The job holder will report directly to the Purchasing Manager and take responsibility for developing current production suppliers in line with the continuous quality improvement program and ensure qualified (via PPAP) products and/or new suppliers (via Approved Supplier List) to meet company quality expectations.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will lead supplier improvement programs ensuring that the best conditions are met (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People, Environment).
The SQE will drive supplier quality development, process improvement and continuous quality improvement in line with agreed KPI’s and goals using available processes and procedures. Initiates, leads and coordinates following supplier quality improvement actions.
Additional duties include:
• Analyses and evaluates supplier quality data – quality performance, implementation and validation of corrective action plans and preventative measures.
• Attends daily MRB (material review board) meetings, ensures valid external scrap is signed off and that information is sent to suppliers.
• Leads and performs regular quality reviews with nominated suppliers, giving results/feedback vs. targets and expectations.
• Obtains supplier agreement and approval of the company’s Supplier Quality Manual from suppliers.
• Ensures that costs for incoming inspection will be charged to supplier in case of repeated non-conforming deliveries.
• Requests, reviews and signs off 8D improvement process with suppliers.
• Focuses on resolving customer complaints using the FRACAS (Failure Reporting and Corrective Actions) system.
• Leads supplier quality audits and EHS/Business Continuity audits in accordance with the agreed upon annual audit plan.
• Raises supplier corrective action plans where required and regularly monitors with supplier.
• To be involved in SESPA audits for selection of new suppliers .
• Supports other team members and colleagues if needed/if required.
• Defines sample approval requirements/PPAP level requirements for quality and ensures all relevant evidence and data is attached to Sample Approval Folders.
• Assists with the preparation of accurate supplier quality data for senior management and for regular on-site monthly Product Quality Meetings.
• Supports NPI team during part approvals.
• Strictly follows confidentiality related to the Non-Disclosure Agreements and Prokura for all purchase-to-pay actions
Skills and Experience
Previous experience in Quality Management and a detailed knowledge of advanced Quality tools is essential.
Applicants will have completed formal training to perform production process audit by suppliers (e.g. VDA 6.3).
At least 5 fulfilled audits as a Lead Auditor.
Strong experience and formal knowledge with APQP / PPAP process.
Knowledge of statistical tool in quality management
Strong negotiation skills, solid knowledge of supplier performance management and improvement processes is a must, along with numerate, analytical approach, advanced communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, orientation in modern IT structures and processes
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Salary equivalent to £17.77ph
Electronics Design Engineer - Outside IR35
£40 - £55 per hour
£10 - £11 per hour
£10 - £11.50 per hour
Assembly Technician (Electro-Mechanical)
£10 - £14 per hour