Responsible for the performance of Operatives and Subcontractors in the delivery of their work ensuring high standards of workmanship, health and safety and client satisfaction at all times.
This role is a Maintenance Supervisor role, for some who has experience of being a supervisor within the roofing and carpentry industry. The works involved is all roofing and carpentry work, this means maintenance and repair of these items on each individual project.
- Support the Contracts Manager and Client in the surveying and scoping of Minor Works providing cost estimates, resource requirements and a plan or works.
- Support the Contracts Manager and Team in the Schedule of Rates measurement of repairs for submission to the Client for payment, liaising with the client where necessary to resolve any issues or queries.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of Statutory and Non Statutory PPM Works providing cost estimates, resource requirements for any follow on works.
- Support and empower operatives to make decisions so that they achieve the right work at the right time without using you as their default decision maker following the agreed process.
- Work closely with operatives conducting assessments to identify personal and service objectives to be achieved, which further develops skills and knowledge of the operative, and improves the service delivered.
- Ensure operatives are maintaining their vans, keeping them clean and tidy and ensuring they have suitable van stock, which is being replenished, and that they are not using excessive amounts of consumables and tools.
- Escalate to the Contract Manager any serious events or occurrences that need to be addressed urgently, and highlight key issues, trends or issues that could affect service delivery performance longer term if not addressed.
- Recruit and induct operatives ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and contract and ensure their performance is of a high standard before probationary period is closed.
- Ensure that you organise and deliver Toolbox talks to the team as per the company's training and toolbox matrix.
- Treat clients with respect, demonstrating a courteous manner, escalating if an issue cannot be resolved the Contract Manager.
- Reinforce the Health and Safety culture by ensuring company practices and policies are being followed and adhered to in the field highlighting issues and trends as they occur.
- Manage, measure, and monitor operatives and subcontractors to ensure;
- The right repair is undertaken;
- the correct process is being followed;
- the quality of service and workmanship is of a high standard;
- that value for money is being achieved in terms of time taken, materials used, and working methods;
- work is being effected safely;
- Sub-contractors work is of a high quality, represents VfM, and that they are working safely.
- Able to recruit and induct staff ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and contract.
- Be the technical expert for associated works, providing efficient and effective solutions where required.
- Able to support and coach a team in the achievement of the perfect process.
- Able to operate in a changing and evolving environment and enjoy the challenge.
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner being able to challenge and be challenged.
- Have an organised approach to work and time management.
- Able to apply a practical approach and solutions to Health & Safety.
- Proficient in MS Office to an intermediate level and able to use an IT system for job management understanding how it functions and interacts with other systems.
- Able to record information in the field, identify trends and recurrent issues and put a measure in place to understand the extent of the trend or issue.
- Be a team player by understanding what it is to be part of a team sharing experiences and learning.
- Proactive in identifying your development needs and doing something to overcome them.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems and eliminate waste.
- Be comfortable in dealing with all staff to motivate and direct them to assist you in improving the service.
Technical building knowledge of working methods, practices, procedures, processes, regulations, and legislation.
Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the repair, maintenance, PPM and Minor Works of University Estates Buildings and Halls of Residence.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a trade skill.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme accreditation.
- Have a full driving licence.
5 years' experience of working in a Building Maintenance, PPM and Minor Works environment.
Demonstrated through your attitude and application that you are a natural leader in the field.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more then please apply or contact Tom Parkes.
07585 554 586 or 01442 898 904