|Job Title:||Structural Engineer|
|Salary:||Negotiable On Experience|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2018 16:56|
Our Client provide multi-disciplinary services in areas including Structural and Civil
Engineering, Building Surveying, Land Surveying, Transport and Highway Engineering. They have
offices in Hemel Hempstead and in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
This is a permanent position within their Structural Engineering team based at their office in Hemel Hempstead. This team undertakes the following tasks:
• Design of structures, including large framed commercial and residential projects
• Foundation design and assessment, including preparation of interpretative ground investigation reports
• Building defect audits for insurance purposes, and litigation resolution
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their Clients.
This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and
experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by their clients. They will in time be responsible for managing all aspects of the successful delivery of their projects. This will include the following managerial tasks: client liaison, supervision of junior staff, resource planning, financial control and marketing.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
• Prepare structural design in all conventional materials and experience also required in refurbishment
• Take a global view of structural design on a project, identifying potential problems and solutions and provide advice to clients on structural options.
• Handling of entire projects through to completion, including client liaison, attendance at meetings and ensuring drawings are prepared satisfactorily.
• Schematic structural design based on basic architectural layouts.
• Speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone.
• Write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports.
• Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
• Enhance and promote the image of Glanville Consultants by their actions.
• Minimum qualification - Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in structural design, and either Chartered or heading for Chartered status.
Remuneration & Benefits
The Company will provide a competitive salary and the following benefits;
• Car allowance for Chartered engineers
• Personal Pension scheme (up to 5% of salary)
• Death in Service Benefit (3 x annual salary)
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Group Income Protection
• 25 days holiday (3 held for Christmas period)
• Additional holiday can purchased, banked or sold after 1 year service
• Additional holiday depending on length of service
• Annual flu vaccine
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Professional Membership for one organisation
• Regular CPD Seminars
• Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses if required
• Regular social events organised and funded by the company
• Free refreshments, including tea, office and juice
• Free on-site parking
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's