My client a large consultancy is looking for a structural engineer to support and assist the development of the structural section within a team of railway engineers. Their rail sector has a huge portfolio of projects including Tunnel Cooling, Underground, Station refurbishments and Main station upgrades.
- Identifying and setting out the deliverables at each stage of the project Develop, with the associate director, the concept into a structural scheme design
- Working with the project architect and other project team members to develop the design Ensure the structural design is robust throughout its development.
- Overseeing the delivery of the design at scheme, detailed, tender and construction stage.
- Be responsible for the preparation of high quality drawings, calculations and specifications
- Attending design team and site meetings.
- Developing the design in accordance with the agreed deliverables and programme.
- Advising the associate director of resource or fee difficulties Communicate tasks to the project team on weekly basis
The successful candidate will hold a Civil Engineering related Degree, BEng level minimum, or equivalent. A chartered engineer or currently pursuing chartership (ICE, IStructE). In addition you will possess experience of working on rail projects. Knowledge of railway structural approvals processes and of project procurement and implementation procedures is essential for this role.
The successful applicant will be good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment. Good communicator at all levels, both verbally and in writing. Computer literate and familiar with analysis and design using various software packages. Demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent career progression opportunities exist for individuals willing to learn and develop.