What you’ll do as a Smart Meter Installer
Fitting Smart Meters in our customers’ homes, you’ll meet all kinds of people. You’ll have targets based on the number of appointments booked in. We will give you the time to complete every job safely and answer every customer’s questions properly. Your customer service skills are just as important as your technical ability. And if you need any help yourself, our dedicated support team is just a call away.
What we’re looking for:
- If you’re Gas Qualified, we’ll expect you to have a current CMA1, CCN1, Diploma in Smart Meter Installation or an equivalent aligned ACS qualification. You’ll also need a current MET 1, 2 or 4, or FCO1 qualification.
- If you’re Electrical Qualified, we’ll expect you to have a current qualification in one of the following: MOCoPA single phase, multiphase cut-out/City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 & 3/City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3/NVQ Level 3 Electro Technical Services Installations/Diploma in Smart Installation. You’ll also need some practical experience in electrical work.
- If you’re Dual Fuel Qualified, we’ll expect you to have both Gas and Electrical
- Qualifications, as above, plus some practical experience in either gas or electrical work.
- Each certificate should be valid for at least 6 months from your start date.
- A current driving licence, with no more than 6 points, is essential