Site Manager - Housing
|Job Title:||Site Manager - Housing|
|Salary:||Salary is Dependant On Experience|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||September 05, 2017 18:24|
You will manage and oversee the day to day running of housing projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time, safely, within its budget and to a high standard.
You will be the first point of contact for members of the public, clients, site managers and sub-contractors for as long as the contract lasts.
You will assist the contracts manager in the preparation of the construction programme of works and monitoring progress against the programme.
You will attend regular design coordination meetings and sub-contractor coordination meetings.
You will attend regular progress meetings and support the contracts manager in delivering the progress report.
You will be responsible for keeping detailed records using the site diary sheets. This will record attendance on site, impact of weather, record progress, delays and disruption, any Architects instructions and visitors to the site.
You will liaise with the contracts manager as to the sub-contractor's progress of fully integrated works to allow the manage to value the works and sign off invoices.
The candidate will be responsible for the setting to work of all labour and sub-contractors.
You will be work with the assistant contracts managers and contracts managers to call off materials. This will be done in accordance with the procurement schedules and construction programme.
You will check all deliveries for damage or shortages and report this immediately to the assistant contracts manager. The site manage will collate all delivery and advice notes and return to the regional office for 7.30am on a Monday morning.
You will monitor the quality of workmanship on site. Non-compliant and poor workmanship is to be raised with the tradesman for rectification. If the issues are not rectified the site manager should contact the sub-contractor's management and request their inspection of the problem on site and insist that it is rectified. The contracts manager is to be made aware of such issues. If the site manager cannot get action then the problem will be escalated to the contracts manager.
You will be responsible for calling in of warranty providers and building control for stage inspections. You will be responsible for calling in of air tests and sound test. You will be responsible for calling off all utility mains and metering.
Health and safety issues will be a top priority in this role. It will be the candidate's responsibility to discharge health and safety obligations on site summarised as follows:
• Ensure all operatives and visitors receive a site induction
• Ensure that all operatives present proof of competency
• Ensure that all works have been risk assessed and that safe systems of works are in place.
• Ensure that all operatives have read and understood the risk assessments and method statements applicable to their works and have the required PPE
• Ensure and maintain safe places of works
• Ensure that the welfare accommodation is kept clean and well stocked with consumables
• Issue and manage permits
• Report any accidents and near misses
• Discipline anyone found to be working unsafe or tampering with anything provided in the interests of health and safety
• Ensure plant and equipment is inspected and safe for use
• Carryout mandatory inspections of plant, lifting equipment, scaffold and excavations
• Ensure site boundaries are kept secure and are inspected in accordance with cdm 2015
• Ensure first aid kits are kept on site and well stocked at all times
• Robustly implement the requirements of the health and safety plan
• Pay due regard to fire prevention on construction sites and ensure that fire stations are placed in accordance with the fire risk assessment and kept in good order
• Draw up and implement traffic management plans
• Ensure that collective safety measures are put in place and kept in good order
• Make asbestos registers and reports readily available on site
• In some cases, carry out temporary works coordination
• In some cases, plan and manage crane lifts as the appointed person
• Ensure all services and identified and protected as necessary
You will need to understand all aspects of traditional and modern house construction techniques. Have a good understanding of building regulations. They will need to be commercially aware. You will need to be able to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people.
You will need to be a team player, but also need to be able to use you're their own initiative and make decisions on their own.
You should be well-organised and capable of meeting deadlines. Good maths and IT skills will also be required.
Demonstration of industry experience will be required.
It would be beneficial if the candidate has HNC or HND in a building or industry related subject along with an SMSTS qualification, CSCS card and first aid qualification.
If you would like to go forward for this role then please apply and contact Tom Parkes.
07585 554 586 or 01442 898 904
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's