Reports to: Contracts Manager
Direct reports: Site Teams
Location: Leatherhead / Maidenhead
To work with the Contracts Manager, Works Managers and General Foremen to efficiently deliver projects to customers' expectations, attaining exceptional levels of Health and Safety Performance while maintaining company systems and maximising financial return.
- Manage site activities to ensure work is completed on time and within budget
- Ensure work is executed in a safely meeting and exceeding company and legal guidelines.
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for safe execution of the works.
- Put in place measures to ensure accurate implementation of all engineering controls and compliance with the contract drawings and specification.
- Constantly seek to improve company systems and procedures
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Set a high personal standard of behaviour.
- Produce documentation to support the construction process, including programmes, Method statements and risk assessments.
- Understand and implement the company systems, work with others to improved them.
- Ensure that all staff and operatives are familiar with the safety and other procedures and that they are understood and adhered to.
- Organize briefings on method statements to relevant staff and operatives within their area
- Liaise with Works managers on daily basis issues related with programme, resources, production, productivity necessary to meet with programme requirements
- Lead all actions to solve technical difficulties, improve performance in terms of progress and quality
- Set working parameters, ensure their application on site, assess the performance
- Coordinate the work of their shifts and ensure consistency of operation
- Develop forecast and monitor performance against forecast. Establish and regularly review the detailed working programme. Ensure coordination of all related trades
- Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
- Deliver performance in key areas of health and safety, environment and quality
- Lead the delivery of the customers' quality requirements.
- Manage project risk in line with company procedures
- Proactively promote continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. customer and supplier feedback, back to basics, knowledge management)
- Ensure all personnel are provided with necessary training
- Liaise with 3rd parties and other members of the team on a day to day basis
Qualifications and training
- Relevant industry qualification (HND/HNC/BEng or equivalent)
- Relevant CSCS card
- CSCS 5 day safety qualification
- Appointed person
Technical skills and experience
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering
- Hands on approach to the commercial and planning aspects of the project
- Civil engineering and construction experience
- Able to produce and explain accurate plans and drawings
- Good IT skills and able to work confidently with MS Office and other system applications
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Project
- Able to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
- Good project management, communication and financial management skills
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
- Excellent communication and people and team management skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook