We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Designer to join a very well respected and market leading rail & Infrastructure Company based in Birmingham, where you will have a fantastic opportunity to progress and develop your career.
As the leader of the designated design team, you will lead, direct and undertake the production of all detailed design plans/diagrams/drawings to enable successful delivery of contracts timeously to the client's specification.
- Lead and Direct the design team in the completion of allocated work in accord with programme timescales.
- Responsible for the production of all signalling design for new works and alterations to existing installations.
- Assist with design element of estimation for proposed work.
- Ensure all design is carried out taking cognisance of all appropriate technical standards/specification/procedures.
- Assist with testing and commissioning of signalling equipment by mutual agreement.
- Provide guidance within the team, promoting and supporting the ongoing development of competence of members of the team.
- As directed act as a mentor to individuals undergoing Competency Certification.
- Competent in design and production of different types of signalling systems.
- Ensure all work delivered is of an appropriate standard.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must hold or be working towards IRSE Principles Designer Licence.
- Appropriate technical qualifications e.g. ONC/HNC.
- IT literacy proficient in use of CAD.
- 10 years relevant experience working within Rail design