My Gloucestershire based client is currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Writer on a permanent basis.
Technical writers will be responsible for providing written documentation for training material including processes and procedures for operator and technician training for maintenance/sustainment of equipment systems and subsystems, configuration management, and operating procedures in coordination with training and monthly reports.
Technical writer must provide written communication in clear and concise language for technical documentation such as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment. Includes writing such technical documentation as operational specifications, bulletins, articles, and marketing publications. Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing workers engaged in developing new products and services or in making
improvements, observing performance of experiments and methods of production, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings and notes, trade and engineering journals, rewrites of articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
- Previous experience within a similar Technical Writer position
- Ability to analyse technical problems and provide pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customers and Suppliers.
- Ability to make rapid decisions.
- Ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
- Ability to develop solutions innovatively.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise resources to react to operational requirements.
- Proven inter-personal and technical skills and must be able to work within a small technical team and provide technical expertise and leadership when required.
- Self-starting and capable of working effectively without day to supervision under only general direction.
- Strong customer and end user focus and capable of readily interpreting and influencing Customer thinking.
- Nuclear industry qualification(s) in operations, maintenance, radiation protection/control and/or nuclear chemistry. In-plant nuclear experience in the commercial or defence nuclear propulsion domains.
- Experience in working in domestic and international nuclear energy domains.
- Experience in designing training solutions that include affective domain training.
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry
- Previous experience in designing training solutions in the nuclear energy domain.
- Achieved or seeking to achieve Chartered status with an appropriate institution