£35,000 - £45,000
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer – Strategic for a permanent position based in Clevedon.
The salary will range from £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will be:
- Creating and implementing a supply chain strategy across an allocated commodity which supports the business needs on cost, quality, on-time delivery and new product introduction.
- Actively manage supplier portfolio, supporting the requirements of the Clevedon facility on lead time reduction, mitigating risk to seeking ways to continuously improve.
- Manage allocated NPI and A&D projects to meet customer specification.
- Achieve cost reduction targets.
- Identify outsourcing opportunities where there is cost / efficiency savings compared to in-house manufacture.
- Communicating and providing support to the Operational Buying Team as required.
- Able to deal with customers, external and internal to a high standard.
- Must have previous experience working within a procurement environment
- Experience working within a manufacturing/production/engineering environment
- A good understanding of how to optimise the supply base adding strength, responsiveness and flexibility to core suppliers.
- Extensive experience in a Procurement function supporting a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience of evaluating outsourcing projects and value engineering / value added projects.
- A good level of computer literate skills.
- The skill to manage time as effectively as possible, constantly reassessing priorities throughout the day.
- A knowledge of SAP, which is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of ‘Request for Price’ tendering.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.