Senior Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Golding|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 12:43|
The role is to develop and maintain PC tools and web-enabled applications to monitor and support the company’s product range.
Also modifying and maintaining existing software to accommodate new customer requirements, and existing change requests.
This role requires knowledge of C# / .NET and general application development.
• Microsoft .NET application development, specifically C# and ASP.NET, XUnit, using Visual Studio 2019 development tools.
• Experience and knowledge of network and serial data communications (e.g. TCP/IP & RS232/485)
• Windows application development using .NET Windows Forms, and WPF, windows services
• Inter-component communications (e.g. WCF, Web API (REST), MQTT and Web Sockets)
• SQL development, specifically SQLite and relational database design using Microsoft SQL Server 2016
• Full software life-cycle awareness and Agile development (SCRUM)
• Source control (ideally using SVN)
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
• Virtual Server exposure, including Windows Hyper-V, vSphere/VMWare, OpenBox
• Build processes including Team City
• Data queuing/streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, MSMQ, MQTT)
• Exposure to other database technology, including InfluxDB, SQLLite, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop,
• Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or electronics environment
• Industrial serial comms protocols - Modbus I/O communication
Software or Computing degree preferred – but an equivalent first degree in an engineering discipline would be acceptable.
IEE (Institute of Electrical Engineers) or BCS (British Computer Society) member preferred.
Microsoft development qualifications would be an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years solid experience as a .NET solutions developer (ideally in industrial/engineering applications), as well as experience and knowledge of relational databases.
Demonstrable skills and experience in applications and web development, a flair for user interface design, and attention to detail.
A design portfolio or web link references would be highly desirable.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Security and Network Infrastructure Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Server, Disaster Recovery, Office 365)
£42000 - £45000 per annum
EUC Deployment / 3rd line support Engineer
£37000 - £40000 per annum
Snr Account Manager
£32000 - £90000 per annum