Senior Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£37000 - £44000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Golding|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 11:28|
The role is focused on designing, developing, enhancing and testing software running on embedded control devices.
Software is coded in a variety of languages including C and C++, and runs on an embedded O/S.
The application software layer is a soft PLC which the embedded platform supports together with IO drivers and communication drivers.
Development tasks include coding and testing of software modules for the next generation platform.
Excellent communications skills are needed due to regular interactions with other software teams.
As a key member of the embedded platform software team, it is essential candidates have experience of real time systems.
- Collating and validating requirements with stakeholders prior to commencing development
- Designing, documenting and reviewing software designs
- Debugging and resolving scaling and stability issues in existing software
- Software development – Designing, coding and testing software modules written in C & C++
- Designing and executing performance and robustness tests
- Participating in Peer Review, Design Reviews, Code Reviews, and Walkthroughs etc.
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and execution of automated tests
- Documentation covering requirements, design, test plans and release notes
Details of Role:
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the following activities...
• Designing, coding and validating software modules under the guidance of the Team Lead
• Collaborating with requirements analyst to review use cases and functional behaviour
• Writing, updating & executing test cases/plans
• Attending estimation workshops and provide estimates to sprint or release planning sessions
• Attend/participate in sprint ceremonies where applicable, including Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and Sprint Planning
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years working as a Software Engineer, doing solid C & C++ development experience for embedded systems
• SVN source control
• Experience to MQX and FreeRTOS
• Software/computing/electronics degree and/or equivalent in engineering discipline
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of industrial control systems
• Experience of developing unit tests and automated testing
• Eclipse development environments & Jira, Axosoft, TeamCity release management
• Experience of using static code analysis tools and profilers
• Continuous integration and test strategy (Jenkins build environment)
• Experience of working within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Exposure to other real time operating systems
• Embedded Linux, Yocto, FreeRTOS
• Control protocols EtherCAT, CANOpen, ModBus (RTU and TCP)
• Exposure to PLC IEC61131-3
• Knowledge of CodeSys SoftPLC
• Exposure to OPC-UA, MQTT and other Industry 4.0 and IoT protocols
• Writing software design specifications
• Hands-on software development and testing
• Problem solving issues with existing software
• Technical writing, issue reporting and release notes authoring
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective time management and project planning
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's