My client requires a Senior Product Test Engineer to further strengthen their team and in doing this, would like to recruit on a contract basis an experienced Product Test Engineer to provide support to meet the companies and Customer's needs.
- Lead, direct, supervise, manage and develop a team of test engineers with an ethos of excellence.
- Develop and maintain suitable test strategies, methodologies, processes and standards, employing industry best practice.
- Plan, allocate resources and manage all test activities, working in close cooperation with development teams, and report progress on a regular basis.
- Procure and maintain necessary test equipment within an agreed budget.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of testing through the use of appropriate tools and methodologies.
- Produce and maintain test specifications for individual products and services.
- Perform testing on products and services in a timely manner to ensure they are fit for release.
- Work with development teams to log, track and resolve defects.
- Produce release notes detailing changes since the last release and any known limitations.
- Review and, where necessary, assist with the production of user documentation.
- Knowledge of Communications protocols, including IP PC operating systems
- Significant experience in a test role:
- Writing test specifications
- Testing software and embedded systems
- Using test, test management and reporting tools
- Configuring and using IP networking equipment, including switches and routers
- Testing against external standards
- Working in a commercial, product-focused organisation
- Information assurance technology and applications, including cryptography