We are seeking a Senior Planner with extensive experience in the detailed planning of large complex rail infrastructure projects. The role is based in London or Croydon, requires a strong technical background in the rail industry.
The successful applicant will be the Project Controls Lead providing comprehensive Project Controls to the project teams and to the client. As the Senior Project Planner, you will report into the Project Controls Manager, with accountability to the Project Manager.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects programme and Project Controls.
- Responsible for the completion of projects to time and cost
- Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team as required
- Building relationships with limited set of common clients and maintaining regular client contact.
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
- Successful in identifying any project deviations and slippages, reports and communicates issues to senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
- You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
- Experience of multidisciplinary design
- Must have an excellent understanding for how projects are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned.
- Experience of managing interfaces with other railway engineering disciplines.
- An expert user of Primavera P6
- Must have previous experience of managing planners, allocating tasks, checking achievements and providing constructive feedback, leadership and management.
- Experience of various forms of contract, including NEC.
- Experience of Schedule Risk and Cost analysis, and Claims
- Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
- Prepares project resource histograms, performance analysis data and CPI/SPI information.
- Experience of working on large projects up to £50m