6 months contract onsite in Clevedon – no working from home
Up to £27 per hour PAYE (or £37 per hour Umbrella)
This role could suit a Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer or a Senior Engineer with the relevant development experience.
- Responsible for the delivery of design solutions within a multi-discipline engineering team, supporting product development
- Design and develop modules / sub-assemblies of new products (NPI) in accordance with the company procedures ensuring that the required reliability, quality and cost targets are met.
- Meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standards.
- Verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate.
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale.
- Responsible for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or other engineering qualification depending on experience).
- At least 5 years’ post degree experience of working on whole system design and development in a development environment.
- Ability to form and lead teams, coordinating actions to specific goals.
- Excellent problem solver.
- In-depth experience in new product introduction (NPI) and experience of managing elements of larger projects in support.
- Experience in directing the work, mentoring and supporting more junior engineers and designers.
- A high level of 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools).
- FEA and CFD skills would be an advantage
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics.
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Used to working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to convey design intent concisely to all levels (upper management, Project Managers, Lead Engineers, peers and other members of the team) – to inform and to educate.