Senior Materials Controller
|Job Title:||Senior Materials Controller|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Aaron Halls|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2021 14:27|
Eastbourne, East Sussex
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Material Controller based in Eastbourne, East Sussex.
This is going to be a permanent position and the salary range is from £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for optimising the inventory held on site to meet the business requirement for net working capital whilst ensuring that material is always available to meet customer demand. To ensure the smooth flow of materials through the PC, including inbound/outbound logistics, with minimal financial variances incurred.
· Develop strategies, reports and tools aimed at improvements in manufacturing to achieve cost reduction, inventory reduction, quality improvement and systems development
· Establish, in agreement with the Manufacturing Manager, improvement targets, developing and implementing action plans to achieve continuous improvement in all key areas of responsibility.
· To be the SME for material processing transactions and coach others in follow best practices.
· Physical Inventory (PI) Checks
· Stock Analysis - Obsolete/Excess/WIP
· Scrap/Reject monitoring
· Optimisation of net working capital
· Optimise Purchasing parameters
· Goods-In process ownership and problem resolution
· Outbound logistics process ownership and problem resolution
· Planning system review and tuning
· Variance Control
· Floor stock / Closed Job Variance (CJV) review and problem resolution
· Code conversions
· Obsolete stock provision review
· Lead CC7 process
Skills and Experience:
· Experience in multi-disciplined manufacturing/operational/engineering environment.
· Demonstrated history of analytical skills and ERP systems knowledge.
· Strong track record of delivering results in an operational environment.
· Experience of working with and implementing Lean principles.
· Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
Entech Technical Solutions Limited is an employment business/agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's