Senior Geo-enviromental Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Geo-enviromental Engineer|
|Salary:||£22000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2018 08:39|
The Geosciences team within Our Client is one of the UK's largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, house-builders, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing developments, landfills and commercial warehouses. Our Client prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Senior Geo-environmental Engineer to join our Geosciences consultancy team in Coventry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping organize, manage and on occasion supervise and undertake ground Investigations including financial management and directing junior staff in the field. Good communication is required to inform/liaise with subcontractors and to keep the client appraised of findings and progress.
More specifically you will be:
• Designing and managing a variety of geo-environmental and geotechnical ground investigation and interpretative projects for both external clients and for other teams within our client;
• Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects and controlling project costs;
• Overseeing ground investigations;
• Contract administration;
• Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including laboratory scheduling;
• Geotechnical assessment, analysis and design (where required);
• Geo-environmental assessment;
• Preparing and checking Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk studies), technical advice notes, drawings and geotechnical and geo-environmental interpretative reports;
• Prepare proposals and tenders and contribute to business development activity;
• Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed);
• Prepare H&S plans and RAMS;
• Preparation of Remdation Strategy including verification works on site.
In addition you will:
• Mentor and support junior team members as appropriate, providing guardianship and imparting your knowledge and expertise to less experience employees;
• Establish and develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients, which is integral to the growth of the Geosciences department in Coventry and the wider business;
• Provide technical leadership in the day to day delivery of projects.
• This role would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
• BEng or BSc or equivalent in Civil, Geology or Geotechnical Engineering or similar;
• Typically a further degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Environmental Science or equivalent would be desirable
• Registered with a suitable professional body and working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution (e.g. Geol Soc/CIWEM/ICE);
• Typically requires at least 5-10 years specific relevant experience;
• A thorough understanding of geology, ground investigation works, engineering geology and geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering;
• Significant and demonstrable experience of geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations and reporting;
• Demonstrable experience and ability to prepare Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Preliminary Risk Assessments, Factual and Interpretative Assessments;
• Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
• Able to write proposals that are both technically sound and commercially accurate;
• Provide strong technical leadership and mentoring skills to junior staff;
• Strong track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
•£commensurate with experience;
• Contributory Pension Scheme;
• Free life assurance cover;
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care;
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's