|Job Title:||Senior Estimator|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||September 05, 2018 09:00|
Purpose of the Role
• To win profitable work.
• To ensure that risks and opportunities are identified during the bid and managed.
• To develop more junior estimating staff and to contribute to the wider team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Review tenders with contracts staff to determine the most efficient methods.
• Liaise with designers to optimise the engineering solution.
• Complete the risk analysis identifying high risks / concerns to senior management.
• Liaise with contract engineers to ensure the correct design is fully implemented.
• Ability to assess ground conditions for pricing most suitable piling technique
• Understand and deliver the client's requirements.
• Focus on M62 corridor for business development and work winning
• Develop long lasting relationships with clients to encourage repeat business opportunities.
• Support the division in winning work.
• Grow the business from existing customers and markets and seek new but related opportunities.
• Take an active role in maintaining the Keller Dynamic. Promote cross and joint selling across all Keller divisions.
• Be a mentor to others.
• Uphold and safeguard the organisation's values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, corporate and social responsibility.
• Maintain a risk based approach to tendering.
• Seek to maximise margins on bids by negotiating with clients and suppliers.
• 10 years of experience in the construction sector.
• 7 years of working as a geotechnical specialist.
• A sound technical knowledge of a range of geotechnical products and solutions.
• IT literate, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Full UK driving licence.
• A civil engineering or geology based degree
• Experience of working on large infrastructure projects.
• A comprehensive personal contact list with major clients.
• Enthusiasm to progress in a small dedicated team within a larger specialist ground engineering company.
• Flexibility to carry out duties not part of the normal remit in the interests of the team.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player and able to work alone.
• Outgoing and friendly.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's