Overall Purpose of the Job:
To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team.
The desired outcome being that the Company will achieve sufficient new work to enable continued growth in accordance with the Business Plan. Our reputation for quality, professionalism, fairness and success will be kept foremost in our clients' and our competitors' minds.
The role will include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Arrange site inspections
- Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
- Provide a detailed take-off and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Conquest Estimating software package
- Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
- Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
- Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
- Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
- Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
- Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
- Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
- Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
- Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
- Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
- Management skills basic programming, planning, compiling reports.
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Driving license holder with own car
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
Conditions and Package:
- Negotiable dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
- TBC days holiday plus Bank Holidays, part of this allowance will be taken during the Building Industry shutdown (Christmas to New Year)
- Additional winter days accrued at 1 day for every two full calendar years service, to a maximum of 5 extra days
- 8.30am to 5.30pm with a one hour lunch break
- Where the employee's car is used for business purposes a mileage allowance of 0.35p per mile will be paid
- Workplace Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance:
- We provide a health cash plan after 1yr of employment
- We provide full / comprehensive private medical insurance as well as the health cash plan after 2yrs employment
- Discretionary Company Reward Scheme based on profit share and personal performance
- Company Standard Rules and Contract of Employment provide further details
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more then please contact Tom Parkes
01442 898 900 or 07585 554 586