Location: London • Discipline: Electrical
My client is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced senior engineer to be based in our London office. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Experience will include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work hands on'.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of five years industry experience.
- Responsible for running of medium size projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of telecoms infrastructure.
- Develops and specifies ICT infrastructure designs including data centre and office environments.
- Surveys tests and reports on existing installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- Acts in an Ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- Practical experience of the design of ICT systems and their installations gained in consultancy or technical systems environment
- RCDD and/or CDCDP qualifications preferred + appropriate experience or equivalent. CAD experience beneficial.
- Experience of wireless networks, telephony, in-building cellular enhancement, smart building technologies
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more then please contact Tom Parkes
07585 554 586 or 01442 898 900