Senior Electrical Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018 11:23|
Our Client is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an experienced senior electrical engineer to be based in our London office. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Further skills will include experience of delivering commercial base build and workspace schemes, hotel, and retail projects, together with the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management and delivery of high value commercial projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors, will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and be capable of incorporating those technologies into the commercial sector.
The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work hands on'.
This role will further encompass:
• Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
• Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical installations
• Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
• Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
• Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
• Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
• Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainees, Graduates and Engineers
• Validation and checking of designs and specifications
Furthermore, you will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
• Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
• Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
• Knowledge of MS Office applications - word, excel, etc.
• Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
• Thorough understanding of British and European Standards/Regulations and Codes
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Managerial skills
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our client work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's