Senior Cost Estimator & Buyer
|Job Title:||Senior Cost Estimator & Buyer|
|Salary:||£36000 - £42000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Muhammad|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2018 15:46|
Reporting to the Purchasing Manage you will be responsible for the development, execution, tracking and communicating quoting activities for new and existing customers.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge and working background in PCB, Cable and General Assembly manufacturing together with a technical understanding to component level.
With excellent customer service skills you will be strong organizer with a basic financial understanding and have a minimum three year experience buying experience within the electronic CEM environment sector.
Knowledge of ERP / MRP and SAGE manufacturing system would be advantageous but not a necessity. An engineering background would be also be advantageous.
A full understanding of Microsoft Office is a requirement as well as experience in exporting data.
You should have a strong work ethic and proactive attitude as you will be working to tight deadlines. High level of concentration and attention to detail is a must.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The accurate material quoting of various existing and new project in a cost effective manner to meet customer expectation and requirements using customer BOMS. The following outlines the various day to day duties:
• Splitting of customer BOMS into their various process sectors
• Using SAGE cross reference to show any existing company parts
• Setting up new product codes
• Process new quotations
• Compiling, preparing and finalizing company quotations for review before being sent to relevant customers
• Overall to create new and update current company BOMS showing cost effective prices and preferred suppliers.
• Working with Engineering to help with any day to day technical queries
• Working with Purchasing to develop and update current supplier and pricing data bases
As a Cost Estimator you will be required to work in a flexible environment covering both customer quotes and Purchasing duties. The following indicates further roles when required:
To cover Purchasing when requirement - Dependent on workload
To develop both the ERP and MRP system working with both the Purchasing and Manufacturing Manger
To develop the works cost system working with Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing Manager
To apply please forward your CV and call Zubair to discuss your availability for the interview.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's