Main purpose of the role
To successfully perform domestic gas boiler installations and central heating system upgrades, ensuring all activities are completed safely, efficiently and to the customer’s satisfaction within the requirements of Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations.
We offer a competitive rate per installation (from £270 for a Combination boiler swap), plus customer satisfaction related bonuses. We offer regular and reliable work patterns and only install within private domestic homes.
- To Install/replace boilers and carry out central heating system upgrades in private customer properties
- To ensure customer property is respected at all times and work is carried out in a clean and tidy manner
- Ensure jobs are completed to an agreed timescale
- Strictly adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and all relevant industry standards, and complete work place risk assessments
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Ensure all administration tasks are performed in line with company procedures
- Experience in domestic gas heating installation, including boiler replacement and system upgrades
- Proven knowledge and understanding of all variations of boiler, central heating and electrical installations
- Knowledge of building and gas safe regulations
- Experience of the requirements of health and safety legislation (including risk assessments)
What we expect from you
- A commitment of at least two days per week, agreed in advance (we aim to give at least 2 days of notice on job allocation).
- You will provide your own vehicle, tools and access equipment (we can offer a loan scheme for some items of equipment, including ladders/harness and mobile device).
- You must be comfortable with all aspects of installation, including controls wiring, vertical flue installations, working with ladders/harnesses, waste clearance and 'making good'.
Essential Qualifications and Accreditations
- Current gas qualifications (through an Accredited Certification Scheme), including, CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, MET1, WAT1
- Unvented Hot Water, Commission and Install
- A minimum NVQ Level 2/C&G or equivalent in a plumbing and/or heating related discipline.
- We will complete a DBS check (CRB) that must come back clear.
- You must hold your own Gas Safe registration
- A minimum of £2m Public Liability Insurance and £5m Employers Liability Insurance (where applicable)
- A current Waste Carriers Licence
- A calibrated Gas Analyser
- Health and Safety awareness including Asbestos Awareness and Working at Heights training
- General IT skills, you will be required to complete documentation using a mobile device.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
·17th Edition or Part P electrical qualifications
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £45,000.00 to £65,000.00 /year
- Installation: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License