My client based in Hertfordshire is looking for a Senior Planner to join their civil engineering division. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and programming civil engineering works at tender and construction stage, as well as monitoring progress during construction and preparation of submission documents.
There is a fantastic basic salary up to £55K + benefits for the right candidate.
- Prepare excellent programmes, which add value to the tender chances of success.
- Assess tender temporary works requirements and value engineering solutions.
- The Senior Planner will assess tender major quantities and look at discrepancies.
- Present tender strategy advantages and programme philosophy to client at presentation stage.
- Prepare and develop from tender programme, well-engineered contract programmes, which contribute to successful project outcome in terms of time and cost.
- Prepare monthly progress reports for submission with monthly report and present at monthly progress meetings with Client.
- Prepare compensation event programmes and narratives, which facilitate successful compensation event resolution
- The Senior Planner must have excellent understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications.
- The successful planner will have experience of planning on civils projects.
- Excellent knowledge of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring.
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management.
- Good understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements.