£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Operational Buyer based in Clevedon.
This is going to be a permanent position and the salary will be £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Manage escalated expedites for shortages and escalated overdue orders. Discuss mitigation actions to avoid re-occurrence
- Support glidepath target for suppliers in your portfolio (consolidation, price negotiations, rebates, freight optimization)
- Root cause analysis of shortages/overdues and implementation of containment and corrective actions
- Regular review of stock levels in function of varying demand including safety stock, buffer stock, consignment stocks, etc
- Working with Sustaining Engineering to manage obsolete materials (eg Last Time Buy) and cut-in of replacement parts. Raising temporary permits (concessions) and initiate engineering changes.
- Developing relationships with suppliers so important requests are handled with the necessary level of urgency. Conducting business review meetings over the phone and face to face in or at supplier site.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have previous experience working within procurement
- Experience working within a manufacturing/engineering/production environment
- Confident to work independently and be the primary company contact for small, medium and large volume supplier accounts
- Experience with sourcing side of projects