This is an exciting new opportunity for a Sales Engineer covering the Midlands and Northern UK area.
The role will involve extensive travelling within this region
The salary is between £40K to £50K, plus car, plus commission, plus bonus, plus pension, plus health care plan.
The company is a world leader in the design, technology, manufacture and service of vacuum pumps for a wide range of applications, tailoring solutions to the customers’ needs.
The company is proud to be the industry leader in vacuum and abatement, pushing the boundaries of technology to deliver innovative solutions for customers in the global Semiconductor, Industrial and Scientific sectors.
- This role will help to position the company as the core supplier of product and services through the effective management of direct accounts in the Research and Development (R&D), Scientific and Industrial sectors within the Midlands / Northern UK region.
- You will be an important face of the brand to our customers, and you will develop and maintain good customer relationships in your territory.
- You will determine your own schedule, making frequent visits to existing and potential customers and liaising with our in-house support teams.
- You will help identify potential new areas of business with support from our marketing tools and resources.
- Our top-class Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Cloud for Customer (C4C) platform will be your compass to drive all these business development activities.
- Your development and execution of sales plans, targets and forecasts within the region, as well as your customer visit reports, market analysis and timely, accurate market information will support the business strategy.
- You will liaise with colleagues from other divisions to maximize our customer relationships and business outcomes wherever possible and have the opportunity to be part of ad-hoc project work.
- Ultimately, you will ensure we understand our customer's needs and that we provide the equipment and services to support those needs.
- Development and implementation of business plans for the direct account base that drive growth targets and the achievement of revenue and profit goals.
- Preparation and adoption of a rolling plan to maximise customer facing time within the territory, target >50% of time in direct contact
- Creation of and implementation of initiatives that will enable the delivery of sales objectives towards the company’s EMEA N&E business strategy.
- Achievement of the revenue and profit goals for the direct account base.
- Identify and development of new customers.
- Provision of a monthly report for the territory, that includes performance updates and future plans, such that the wider business community is well briefed on the company’s status with the customer base.
- Fully maintained and updating of the company’s CRM system (C4C) to include lead generation, opportunity management and overall customer maintenance for all activities.
- Provision of customer visit reports, and the execution of actions arising from the visit.
- Close cooperation with Customer Care support teams and internal marketing/product teams such that the company provides first class support to the customer base.
- Management of customer payment performance through close collaboration with the customer and the company’s credit control team.
- Work collaboratively with sales management and the wider sales team to ensure transparent and collaborative management of the business area.
- Take the lead and manage the engagement of as many of the company’s functional departments as required so that the company is viewed as the premium supplier by the customer.
- In conjunction with the Product Division plan, develop new product launch plans for the customer base.
- Provide a monthly Orders and Sales forecast for customer base.
- Report on competitive activities.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
You are degree educated with several years relevant experience:
- Graduate of a Technical Discipline such as Engineering / Science.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Technical Sales experience of a mechanical product
You are a networker
- Strong influencing and presentation skills, to be practiced at senior levels within the customer base and territory and within the company.
- Ability to influence and engage others in the pursuit of business opportunities, outlining and selling the strengths of the company’s solutions.
- A demonstrable track record of Sales success and skills, with a minimum of two years’ experience.
- Ability to create problem resolution plans and drive to conclusion.
- Strong relationship development skills.
You are commercially aware with sales expertise
- Vision that enables the incumbent to “See” the opportunity and create winning deals / solutions.
- Significant product and applications expertise (similar in nature to the Vacuum sector), giving the ability to guide and direct the customer base.
- Ability to influence within the company across multiple functions, enabling the customer profiles to be raised.
- Strong direct selling experience and negotiation skills, with 2 years’ experience.
- Experience of territory management and area planning
- Strong commercial skills and awareness.
- Good understanding of contractual terms and conditions and negotiation capability in order to mitigate the company’s risk and exposure within the company rules.
- Knowledge of vacuum science and applications in Scientific Vacuum sectors is desirable
You are a team player
- Excellent communications skills and ability to create appropriate communication networks.
- Ability to work as part of a team, or to influence other departments within the company in the execution of an account or territory strategy.