|Job Title:||Roofing Operative|
|Salary:||This is a Temporary to Permanent Role|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 13:45|
Our Client is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,500 buildings across the East of Hampshire. The contract runs for 5 years with a possible extension for a further 5 years. Building types include:
• Police Stations and Offices
• Fire Stations and Offices
• Office buildings
• Residential Homes and Nurse Care Units
• Historic Buildings
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic roofer with a can-do attitude and highly flexible approach to deliver high quality roofing repairs and maintenance works to a wide range of Council properties. The roofer must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass an Enhanced DBS and Barring check.
To maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of roofing maintenance and repairs services ensuring a controlled and safe environment whilst working effectively and in a timely manner and balancing constantly changing priorities.
The most important elements relating to your work are:
• Carry out roofing repairs and maintenance ensuring that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for quality, productivity and safety.
• Set up controlled working area using barriers or fencing.
• Refer to generic risk assessments and carry out point of work risk assessments.
• Inspect roof defects to determine the best repair solution and methods.
• Repair and maintain flat, tiled and slated roofs.
• Undertake minor carpentry work as necessary in association with roofing work.
• Carry out minor lead or metal flashing works in association with roofing work.
• Carry out minor repointing and brickwork associated with roofing work.
• Ensure that all documentation relating to the work is completed and returned promptly including photographs.
• Provide excellent service to clients and maintain a good customer relationship as a priority
• Represent Mountjoy at all times and ensure that customers are completely satisfied.
• Comply with HSG33 - Health & Safety in Roof Work
• Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and local legislation
This is not a list of everything you will do, above all we want you to be flexible and to contribute fully within abilities to enable Mountjoy to achieve its goals so be prepared to do whatever your job requires.
• A minimum NVQ Level 2 in Roofing Occupations or equivalent
• PASMA trained
• Full clean current driving licence.
• An Enhanced DBS and Barring check is required before commencement of role
• CSCS Certificate
• Over 3 years trade experience, ideally in the commercial repairs sector.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or contact our consultant Tom Parkes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's