Our client is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,300 buildings across the East of Hampshire. The contract runs for 5 years with a possible extension for a further 5 years. Building types include:
- Police Stations and Offices
- Fire Stations and Offices
- Office buildings
- Residential Homes and Nurse Care Units
- Historic Buildings
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic roofer's mate / labourer with a can-do attitude and highly flexible approach to assist in the delivery of high quality roofing repairs and maintenance works to a wide range of Council properties. On occasions you will be required to work alongside other trades and assist with their work. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass an Enhanced DBS and Barring check.
To maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of roofing maintenance and repairs services ensuring a consistent and safe environment and balancing changing priorities.
The most important elements relating to your work are to support and assist the Roofer in the execution of the following tasks:
- Carry out roofing repairs and maintenance and to ensure that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for quality, productivity and safety.
- Set up controlled working area using barriers or fencing.
- Refer to generic risk assessments and carry out point of work risk assessments.
- Inspect roof defects to determine the best repair solution and methods.
- Repair and maintain flat, tiled and slated roofs.
- Undertake minor carpentry work as necessary in association with roofing work.
- Carry out minor lead or metal flashing works in association with roofing work.
- Carry out minor repointing and brickwork associated with roofing work.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and returned promptly.
- Provide excellent service to clients and maintain a good customer relationship as a priority
- Represent Our Client at all times and ensure that customers are completely satisfied.
- Comply with HSG33 - Health & Safety in Roof Work
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and local legislation
This is not a list of everything you will do, above all we want you to be flexible and to contribute fully within abilities to enable Mountjoy to achieve its goals so be prepared to do whatever your job requires.
- A minimum NVQ Level 2 in Roofing Occupations or equivalent
- PASMA trained
- Full clean current driving licence.
- An Enhanced DBS and Barring check is required before commencement of role
- CSCS Certificate
- Over 3 years trade experience, ideally in the commercial repairs sector.
- As most of the work will require working at height it is essential that the operative is comfortable with this aspect of the work.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or contact our Consultant Tom Parkes