Your main function will be to provide support to the scientific and technological projects including: instrument design, experimental design and data/result analysis.
• 1.Plan and conduct advanced research for the purposes of design enhancement.
• 2.Provide scientific input to the design, build and testing of research breadboards and prototype equipment.
• 3.Solve highly complex technical issues.
• 4.Critically appraise experimental data and provide guidance based on interpretation of data.
• 5.Coordinating the workload of less experienced members of the science team.
• 6.Clear discussion and presentation of scientific data and findings.
• 7.Writing clear and concise technical reports.
• 8.Make recommendations and propose new research.
Skills & Requirements
• 1.A degree in Physics or Physical Chemistry is required as a minimum qualification.
• 2.A relevant PhD is highly desirable.
• 3.Experience as an Experimental Physicist or Physical Chemist, in academia or industry.
• 4.Experience of analytical instrument design, particularly IMS (ion mobility spectrometry) or MS (mass spectrometry.)
• 5.Knowledge of finite element analysis and related modelling packages, such as COMSOL Multiphysics, would be beneficial.
• 6.Good working knowledge of LabVIEW, Matlab and Office packages desirable
• 7.Excellent analytical skills.
• 8.Must be a motivated and self-starting individual capable of driving themselves and others to succeed in project goals as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
• 9.Capable of planning, progressing and delivering work; a highly motivated achiever and team player.
• 10.Excellent communication skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels.
• 11.Well organised and adaptable, able to priorities tasks and work effectively as part of a team.