- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management Team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed, up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
- Manage the sub-contract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
- Ensure that each sub-contractor's account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Ensure that any insurance claims are notified in accordance with CSUK requirements and that appropriate data is compiled for insurance claims
- Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Company's reporting process
- Liaising with Main Contractors and Clients on commercial matters
Who We're Looking for:
Candidates must be well presented, articulate and be able to communicate in a confident and professional manner. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team but should also be selfmotivated and able to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
Able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of the various forms of Conditions of Contract, construction and contract law, basic plant, equipment, materials and labour costs, employment legislation and working rule agreements.
At trainee level candidates must hold a minimum of 3 A level passes, at Grade B or above, in Maths, Physics, or similar numerate/science subjects, and have a GCSE at Grade C or above in English. They should also be IT proficient.
Candidates looking for a more senior position should hold an appropriate degree level qualification and be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge, and proven track record, of quantity surveying and commercial management in the M&E sector.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more then please contact our consultant Tom Parkes