|Job Title:||Quality Inspector|
|Salary:||£20000 - £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Muhammad|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2018 09:52|
Therefore the successful applicant will be working in a small but friendly environment within a team not just committed to satisfying customer's requirements but exceeding them.
The working environment is clean and tidy and all stationary, tooling and protective equipment if required will be provided.
• The successful applicant must have at least 2 years Inspection experience in either an electronic or mechanical assembly environment.
• Be prepared to both liaise and travel to and from Customers and Suppliers premises to ensure the highest standards of Quality and customer satisfaction are maintained.
• Be fully computer literate
• Be proficient in reading, writing & maths
• Ideally, own a vehicle and hold a full driving licence.
• Have good eyesight and a steady hand!
• Be polite, trust-worthy, and able to work on their own or as part of a team.
• Maintain a neat & tidy appearance at all times
• Be in good Physical Condition
• The successful applicant will be responsible for all day to day Quality matters arising in the Workshop in accordance with company policies & procedures.
• Be required to carry out a 100% check of many different types of cables, looms and harnesses both visually and electronically to customer drawings, parts lists and specifications.
• Be required to carry out a 100% check of many different types of products both visually and electronically to customer drawings, parts lists and specifications.
• Prepare and produce any supporting documentation required to aid Technicians on the shop floor. By way of build Procedures, Instructions, Photos etc.
• Ensure all workshop documentation is up to date and in good order.
• Liaise with customers, suppliers and management with regard any complaints or quality issues raised and document as required.
• Keep and maintain a documented record of ALL quality issues raised weather internal or external for constant re-view and appraisal by management and staff.
• Organise and chair as necessary Quality meetings and briefings to ensure both management and staff are kept up to date with all Quality related matters.
• Maintain the ISO quality manual and carry out internal audits as required. Help prepare for yearly external ISO quality audits.
• Coordinate with both the supply chain and customers to ensure minimal production disruption and maximum customer satisfaction at all times.
• Encourage, support and if necessary train new members of staff on all matters relating to Quality.
• Identify potential QC breaches and where applicable conduct full quality investigations.
• Regularly review team skills and competencies and establish training and development plans to strengthen the team's capabilities
• Maintain current health and safety risk assessments for all production processes, activities and materials used and, implement the appropriate controls and training.
• Significant experience in either a Quality or Inspection role within an assembly type environment.
• Be able to understand wiring schedules, parts lists and cable/mechanical drawings.
• Ideally, know how to strip, prepare, identify, terminate and group cables & wires together, and have a sound knowledge and experience of crimping and soldering processes and methods.
• Have a basic understanding of mechanical assembly, fasteners, materials tooling and equipment along with familiarisation of modern lean manufacturing techniques and practices.
• Some previous Quality system knowledge like 8D, FMEA or Six Sigma would be beneficial, as well as a basic understanding of ISO9001.
Successful applicants will be entitled to 20working day's holiday plus all public holidays.
Two 10 minute paid breaks Tea & Coffee is provided free of charge and ½ hour un-paid lunch.
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) will be provided by the employers at the appropriate rate.
This will only be paid on days you would normally work.
Hours of work are 8.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday; Overtime may be available however this is at the Employers discretion.
REMUNERATION:£20,000 to £25,000pa
To apply please email your CV to Zubair and call on 01442 898 906.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Salary equivalent to £17.77ph
Supplier Development Engineer
£24 - £32 per hour, Benefits: primarily working from home - with regular site visits
£11 - £14.50 per hour
£13.25 - £17.50 per hour
£16 - £21 per hour