A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of my clients in Leicestershire for a Quality Inspector.
You must have previous experience of working within the composites industry.
To oversee the implementation and maintenance of quality standards and to ensure that all parts are inspected for quality in a timely manner in order to meet customer demand and to maintain quality.
- To ensure high quality standards are implemented and maintained
- To carry out inspections of all composite components and machined parts through proactively engaging with all aspects of the manufacturing process in order to ensure that quality standards and customer requirements are met at all times
- To be responsible for general housekeeping in the Quality/Inspection department
- To flag up all technical issues internally or externally to ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner and that clients and colleagues are kept informed of progress
- To ensure the flow of works is on target for customer deadlines using BOM (works order) as a major guideline
- To ensure quality inspections can be undertaken at any time in accordance with business needs
- To be responsible for ensuring the safe systems of work and the application of health & safety procedures are kept to the highest of standards within the quality department in line with established procedures
- To ensure products are appropriately packaged and despatched once final quality inspections have been completed in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- To be involved with and work closely with the Quality Manager with the ongoing maintenance and internal integration of the Quality Management System and to ensure ongoing compliance to ISO 9001
- To maintain all quality related records on company operations and performance
- To liaise with the Production Manager and relevant Project Managers should a product not conform to specifications prior to the product being released to the customer
- To ensure that no product is released from the control of the business without a full and thorough inspection
- To work closely with the Composite Engineers to discuss improvements and resolve any issues that may compromise quality
- To manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency at all times
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Experience within the Composite and or machining industry with a good understanding of all composites manufacturing procedures and processes
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience in product quality inspection
- Knowledge and experience of various inspection equipment and techniques including CMM based operations where possible
- A responsible attitude
- Good people skills' for building relationships with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to plan and prioritise
- Accuracy with record keeping
- Good time management and personal organisational skills
- The ability to recognise when a problem should be escalated
- Good computer literacy, experience of Microsoft packages and confidence to use in-house databases/systems
- A flexible approach to extended hours during busy periods
- Excellent communication skills are required to manage internal and external customer relationships