My London based client is currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer / Inspector who must have experience of working within the rail industry.
- To carry out engineering inspections and failure investigations and internal audits to ensure consistent quality of goods and products within applicable refurbishment Projects / overhaul process.
- Ensure that all process documentation concerned with relevant Overhaul / Projects activities is completed in accordance with the requirements of the applicable inspection and test plan.
- Ensure that all overhauled items are returned to the customer with all safety critical criteria met in order to allow for the safe return to service of the overhauled equipment.
- Perform Quality Control Activities in accordance with the applicable overhaul Quality Plan and Inspection and test plan.
- Recommend actions to the Businesses resulting from the analysis of routine inspection reports to facilitate better business performance.
- Conduct internal product quality audits against the requirements of applicable refurbishment / overhaul work instructions and inspection and test plan, highlighting areas of non-compliance and looking for improvements in engineering working practices.
- Conduct finished work inspection of safety critical equipment, goods inward inspection, failure investigation of safety critical equipment, warranty failure diagnosis.
- Ensure that all project documentation and or in-process control is completed in accordance with the project inspection and test plan.