|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Golding|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 14:20|
The Quality Engineer is responsible for driving and coordinating activities of cross-functional teams in resolving quality related issues within:
• Quality Circles, Material Review Board (MRB) processes and failure reporting system (FRACAS). These activities are linked to and includes following responsibilities as well:
o Quality Alerts issue and implementation,
o separation, quarantine and administration of non-conforming material/products,
o containment activities on suspect or non-conforming materials,
o ensuring that inspection (incoming inspection for external deliveries) is defined for material/products where repeating non-conformance occurs,
o efficient evaluation of containment, corrective or preventative action(s) implementation.
• Ensures that permit process is applied accordingly - no deviated material/components/products can be used without fully approved permit.
• Coordinates, supports and contributes to the activities in 8D report process - creation, problem solution, C/A implementation, validation.
• Supports and assists in developing, implementing and performing process audits to establish high standards of Quality.
• Leads process of Out of Box Audits (OOBA), ensures OOBA is completed and results recorded, analysed and findings resolved in cooperation with the process owner.
• Ensures that operational quality indicators (KPIs) related to the area of his/her responsibility (i.e. Failure rate (FTTFR), internal scrap, warranty, FRACASes, etc.) are processed and analysed to support reporting on each level per reporting schedule - i.e. daily operational reporting (SIM), weekly reporting, Monthly Pack, Site Quality Review (SQR), Product Quality Meeting (PQM).
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be experienced in the area of quality or engineering and ideally possess a Technical high school or degree in Quality/Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) or comparable physical Science discipline.
Very good knowledge of ISO 9001 standard requirements and industry recognized problem-solving methodology and tools, good knowledge of statistical tools (SPC), analytical skills, problem solving approach is essential and applicants must have prior knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting detailed drawings.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, orientation in modern IT structures and processes.
SAP knowledge is an advantage.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's