Based in Eastbourne, Salary £35-£36k
Quality Assurance, Auditing, RCCA & Supplier Quality Initiatives
An exciting opportunity for an Quality Assurance Engineer to join a World Famous organisation who are currently enjoying some sustained growth
Key Skills (fuller spec below, but if you tick these boxes, we want to hear from you!)
- Excellent understanding of quality improvement tools
- Practical experience in Quality Assurance
- Background in Manufacturing - Ideally Aerospace, Defence, Medical Instruments or similar high value electro-mech or electronics manufacturing
- Solid understanding of RCPS / FRACAS tools and techniques
- Qualified auditor with recognised training in auditing techniques (advantageous, not essential)
The Quality Engineer is responsible for driving and coordinating activities of cross-functional teams in resolving quality related issues within:
- Quality Circles, Material Review Board (MRB) processes and failure reporting system (FRACAS). These activities are linked to and includes following responsibilities as well:
- Quality Alerts issue and implementation,
- Separation, quarantine, and administration of non-conforming material/products,
- Containment activities on suspect or non-conforming materials,
- Ensuring that inspection (incoming inspection for external deliveries) is defined for material/products where repeating non-conformance occurs,
- Efficient evaluation of containment, corrective or preventative action(s) implementation.
- Ensures that permit process is applied accordingly - no deviated material/components/products can be used without fully approved permit.
- Coordinates, supports and contributes to the activities in 8D report process - creation, problem solution, C/A implementation, validation.
- Supports and assists in developing, implementing and performing process audits to establish high standards of Quality.
- Leads process of Out of Box Audits (OOBA), ensures OOBA is completed and results recorded, analysed and findings resolved in cooperation with the process owner.
- Ensures that operational quality indicators (KPIs) related to the area of his/her responsibility (i.e. Failure rate (FTTFR), internal scrap, warranty, FRACASes, etc.) are processed and analysed to support reporting on each level per reporting schedule - i.e. daily operational reporting (SIM), weekly reporting, Monthly Pack, Site Quality Review (SQR), Product Quality Meeting (PQM).
- Experienced in the area of quality or engineering and ideally possess a Technical high school or degree in Quality/Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) or comparable physical Science discipline.
- Possess very good knowledge of ISO 9001 standard requirements and industry recognized problem-solving methodology and tools, good knowledge of statistical tools (SPC), analytical skills, problem solving approach is essential and applicants must have prior knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting detailed drawings.
- Have strong communication skills, project oriented, presentation skills and pro-activeness, teamwork, assertiveness.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, orientation in modern IT structures and processes. SAP knowledge is an advantage.
You may be required to train personnel within a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience, and to develop Lean and Kaizen activities to continuously improve areas across the whole business.
Salary c. £30 - £36k + Excellent Benefits package
If you feel you are the right person for this role and are looking to join a very well known, and very well respected organisation please apply for further details.
Should your salary requirements fall slightly above the current bracket please apply and support your application the client has indicated they may consider above on a case by case basis