£65 - £75 per hour
We are currently recruiting for an Interim Purchasing Manager based in Clevedon.
This will be an on-going assignment paying £65 - £75 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
In this role you will be responsible for defining and managing the procurement and material supply chain strategy to ensure a resilient supply chain capable of delivering parts on time, to quality at the lowest sustainable cost level whilst leading and developing the team.
- Deliver parts on time, to quality and cost against the product company strategy
- Developing a network of suppliers capable of supporting current needs and strategic goals.
- Identify supply chain risks and develop a risk mitigation strategy to ensure continuity of supply
- Provide close support to local operations and commercialising management for strategy and material supply during NPI projects.
- Align goals and working practices between all procurement, receiving and material supply teams.
- Define and establish integrated and aligned material supply strategies along the entire supply chain
- Ensure rapid feedback of delivery and quality issues to suppliers, followed by the development of comprehensive and timely corrective actions.
- Balance customer service and inventory turns through initiatives such as lead time reduction, value stream mapping, etc.
- Ensure site-wide stock accuracy.
- Ensure that the supply chain strategy is in line with the division’s sustainability goals.
- Lead in the development of a culture to ensure continuous improvement in the department.
- Driving improvement in performance through the creation and improvement of standard work.
- Build and structure a team to best meet the company’s objectives.
Key skills required:
- Experience in a complex, global supply chain environment
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Lean manufacturing and lean supply chain management experience
- Supplier negotiation combined with strong commercial acumen
- CIPS qualification
- Must be able to travel both nationally and internationally on occasion
If you are an experienced Purchasing Manager/Supply Chain Manager, please apply below by sending your CV in word format.
Entech Technical Solutions Limited is an employment business/agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.